Are you looking for tinnitus relief? Tinnitus is considered a debilitating illness characterized by the persistent ringing and buzzing in ears.
A modern and unique tinnitus relief was introduced in Netherlands which combined sound-based retraining therapy and talk therapy. The combination therapy effectively decreases distress, impact and severity of tinnitus on a daily basis. A tinnitus retraining therapy involves counseling and exposure to a neutral external sound. A sound generator is also used to generate a sound which will mask the noises created by tinnitus.
Get rid of tinnitus symptoms
Tinnitus can not be relieved overnight. However, you can reduce
tinnitus symptoms . Many tinnitus sufferers may find the disorder to be crippling and can drive them crazy. You can beat the buzzing or ringing in your ears and stop tinnitus for good.
- Stop drinking alcoholic drinks and beverages containing a lot of caffeine.
- If you are a smoker, stop smoking since nicotine in cigarettes worsen tinnitus by reducing amount of blood that flows to the ears.
- Exercising regularly can improve blood flow to the ears. However, avoid overdoing exercises especially with exercise routines that hyper-extends your neck.
- Taking ibuprofen or naproxen as well as products containing aspirin must also be avoided.
Cope with tinnitus
There are a lot of ways to cope with the hissing or buzzing noise in your ears due to tinnitus.
- A background noise can help mask tinnitus noises when your are in a quiet room and about to sleep.
- You can also play white noise or soft music when about to go to sleep. Here is an example of white noise.
- You can also use a fan, a humidifier or any machine that can generate a soothing sound such as ocean waves to reduce the amount of noise you can hear out of your tinnitus.
Listen to a two-hour cascading waterfall sound.
- Relaxation techniques are a big help in reducing stress and prevent worsening of tinnitus. Examples of relaxing activities are yoga, meditation and biofeedback. Stress has been linked to tinnitus as well as fatigue which worsens tinnitus.
- You can also consider taking a herbal supplement such as ginkgo biloba once you doctor has told you that your tinnitus will linger for a long time. Ginkgo biloba tinnitus has been proven to be an effective relief.
- You must also avoid being exposed to noises that you think cause or trigger your tinnitus.
- You can wear protective devices such as earplugs and earmuffs when you cannot avoid the triggering noises.
Now you can get relief using Iphone App to reduce tinnitus loudness.