Some people may think that tinnitus is a disease but in fact it is not. It can be a rare symptom of a serious medical problem which can drive people crazy to the point of suicide. Read how Hitchkin man suffered from tinnitus for 12 years that almost drove him to commit suicide.
When you experience hearing a sound in your ear like buzzing, humming or even roaring which is not really produced outside, then you have tinnitus.
What you need to do first is to determine the cause. Buzzing ears do not come from a single cause and so to prevent it from worsening, you must know what triggered your tinnitus. Oftentimes, it can be triggered by circulatory problems.
Drug-related causes of tinnitus stem from using prescription drugs or even the over-the-counter drug (OTC) just like antihistamines, anti-depressants, pain killers, and even antibiotics can cause ringing ears.
Recent studies shows that taking vitamin B is an effective way of remedies for tinnitus.
Vitamin B is used to improve low blood counts, skin and hair problems, poor night vision, hearing loss and now tinnitus though. Many sufferers take Vitamin B complex to relieve the symptoms. These are the different vitamin B that could help you cure your tinnitus:
- Vitamin B-1(thiamine) relieves patients with tinnitus. In some studies, it works in the stabilization of the nervous system most specially in the inner ear.
- Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin) also known as energy vitamin and helps in reducing stress and fatigue.
- Vitamin B-3 (Niacinamide, Niacin, nicotinic acid) supports blood circulation and help proper breakdown of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) also engages in carbohydrates breakdown and one of the components required for the production of serotonin which help the brain neurotransmitter control the appetite, sleep patterns, moods, and sensibility to pain. This is also used to treat nausea, depression and morning sickness.
- Vitamin B-12 contains methyl is important for the central nervous system; deficiency of B-12 can cause many other disease in the neurological or psychological kind. It can even cause anemia.
Folic Acid is a B Vitamin that is essential for production of energy, formation of red blood cells and protein metabolism. This is also one good source as a supplement to anemia because it reduces homocysteine levels and therefore lowers the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Folic acid also helps major medical depression and repair of nerve cells in the brain to help avoid Alzheimer’s disease.
In addition, scientific studies show that pregnant women should take extra folic acid to prevent birth defects such as spinabifida (Congenital defect of the spine which form part of the spinal cord exposed through a gap in the lower back bone).
People who suffer from tinnitus are advised to avoid coffee, tea and other products which contain caffeine because it can deplete magnesium levels. The same thing with alcohol; it can also deplete magnesium level. Studies show that magnesium deficiency can cause sensitivity to light and sound because it may corrupt the ability of the cochlea to function properly by constricting vessels that lead to the inner ear.